Destination Management Company – North Macedonia
NORTH MACEDONIA – Balkan jewel
North Macedonia is the hidden gem in the center of the Balkan Peninsula.
With its UNESCO world heritage national parks, beautiful peaks of the mountains and the UNESCO world heritage site Lake Ohrid North Macedonia has so much to offer for their visitors.
For adventurers and nature enthusiasts, the Matka canyons provide some of the best canyoning adventures in Europe.
The village of Vizbegovo is reserved for history lovers. Unique archeological site 2km from central Skopje is home to one of the last remaining aqueducts on the Balkan Peninsula.
Why You Will Love North Macedonia
- Skopje – the charming city filled with history from the Ottoman and Byzantine era
- Lake Ohrid: A UNESCO Heritage Site, and one of the oldest lakes in the world
- City of Ohrid known as “Macedonian Jerusalem”
- Mavrovo National Park – The largest national park in the country and one of Europe’s oldest national parks
- The Bay of Bones museum – archeological complex